Monday, February 23, 2009

Hello Again Texas!!!

I'm currently hiding from my family in the hotel lobby. I'm sure they'll find me soon and want something so I'll keep this post short! lol

We left Lincoln yesterday and pretty much drove straight through. We did stop in Turner Falls, Oklahoma (very beautiful rock formations, lush green trees, and hills) BUT all of the cabins that we we're interested in renting for the night were closed for the season, well except for a few. Two of the places didn't allow pets and the other place......well that's another story in it self! The only place that would take dogs was a little shady (and I don't mean the kind of place that's covered by nice shade trees either!!!) We pulled up to this hotel/cabin and the manager greeted us outside upon our arrival. I asked her if she had any vacancies and her response was "well, I have one room that's vacant. It still needs to be cleaned but that won't take very long because the prior tenants stole everything out of the room except for the bed." I hesitated but proceeded to ask her how much she wanted for the room. She looked over her left shoulder, and then her right, raised one of her eyebrows and said in a quiet and sneaky voice "it depends on the person. $35???" Not a good sign!!! LOL....well as you have probably already guessed, I hopped back into the truck and we were on our way out of town! We kept on a trucking' all the way to Texas until we found a decent (and safe) hotel!

We're currently about 150 miles north of Austin and it looks like it's going to be an awesome day! The sun is shining, blue skies with a high of 72! Yippie!

I'm not sure when I'll be online again...never can tell when you're on the road! I'll be sure to update everyone ASAP!

PS.....It's going to be in the 70's and 80's all week!!!!! Yippie!

Love and miss you all!

No comments: